Topical Discussion Meetings (TDMs) are a principal component of ESWW where participants can directly contribute content. One of the strengths of the ESWW meeting is that the participants can contribute largely to its content. TDMs are an important part of the programme and are organised primarily to allow plenty of room for discussion and debate.
Uploading TDM Single-Slide Overview
All TDM lead Convenors will receive an invitation to upload their single-slide presentation overview of their TDM to the ESWW2021/ESWW17 platform from Monday 11th October 2021. Once the invitation has been received you can begin to upload your content as per the instructions and deadlines detailed under the heading “Timetable”. If you don’t receive your invitation by close of business on Tuesday 12th October 2021, please email email@example.com.
It is also possible to send us additional slides for TDMs (slides from presenters, people asking to show something ahead of time, panellists, etc…), so they can be displayed from the in-room computer - this might be by one of the organisers of in-room support. This should be done until 17:00UT Saturday 23 October 2021 (or in exceptional circumstances only - until 11:00UT the day before your TDM). Otherwise, all materials can only be presented from presenters’ own laptop(s) (or on the laptop of one of the organisers/chairs, if she/he gathers all slides) *in the room over Zoom – but WITHOUT connecting to the audio*. Additional slides, ideally it should be provided to us in a SINGLE zip file link to download and no files E-Mailed.
TDM File Format
Lead Convenors can upload their presentation as a one-page PDF or ppt/pptx. This is intended to advertise your TDM to both in-person and virtual participants to this year’s ESWW held in hybrid format from Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
The platform will allow opportunities for all in-person and virtual participants to connect with your TDM and comment/discuss ideas outside of the timetabled live slot which will be run over the Zoom platform alongside all the other live oral sessions.
- The ESWW2021/ESWW17 platform will be commissioned by Friday 8th October 2021.
- QuickViews (QVs) (virtual posters), TDM single-slide overviews, and oral slides can be uploaded from Monday 11th October 2021.
- Virtual/hybrid basic stands will have been built already within the platform, but additional content can be uploaded from Monday 11th October 2021.
- QVs and virtual/fair stands can upload PDF/pptx/movies etc…
- Oral slides can be uploaded as a PDF or a ppt/pptx, and anything else is optional.
- TDM single-slide overviews can be uploaded as a PDF or a ppt/pptx.
- All content should be uploaded by Friday 15th October 2021, if you want full engagement, but items can be updated through to Monday 1st November 2021.
- Oral slides and TDM single-slide overviews MUST be uploaded by 11:00UT on Thursday 21st October 2021.
- Oral slides can be updated (in exceptional circumstances only) until 11:00UT the day before (and for the Monday sessions, the Friday beforehand), but we cannot guarantee that the revised version will be used on the day (no one is permitted to connect to TIC systems using their own laptops or a memory stick due to the hybrid nature of the meeting).
- For virtual/hybrid fair stands active engagement within the platform can commence on Monday 11th October 2021 and will be available until Friday 12th November 2021.
- For QVs and oral content, active engagement can commence on Monday 18th October 2021 and will be available until Friday 5th November 2021.
- The platform will remain open for registered participants as VIEWING ONLY until the day before the next ESWW meeting.